- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Our retailers are getting frequent deliveries so please contact your local Red stockist as they’ll be able to advise on delivery dates.
The i-fin is designed to bend and flex which is a great advantage for a board that can be rolled up, transported or packed away. The i-fin can bend out of shape without this affecting the performance of the board and it should restraighten itself gradually. If, however, you would like to straighten your i-fins, here is our video on how to do so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNcTH8pZj4s
Sticking on an i-fin:
It is a fairly easy procedure to re-stick an i-fin to your board. We recommend using any PVC boat repair glue or the glue provided in the repair kit that comes with every board. Here are the gluing instructions we recommend following:
3) Apply a layer of glue to both surfaces but don’t push them together yet
4) Wait until the glue has dried (approx. 20mins depending on temperature)
5) Now apply another layer of glue to both surfaces
6) Now push the surfaces together making sure no air is trapped. You really need to push down hard onto the piece you are gluing. Pushing from the centre out to the edge. Ideally you need to push hard enough to squeeze glue out of the edge of the piece you are gluing. At the same time you need to heat the area up with a hairdryer to help the glue activate.
7) Keep applying force to the area to make sure all areas are well stuck down. You will need to work hard on the area for about 5 mins.
8) Ideally place a heavy weight on the area for 8 hrs.
*We advise using protective wear such as gloves and goggles