Red Paddle Co Warranty Guidelines
We offer the possibility to extend the standard 1 year warranty to a 5 year warranty for each board bought from the 2022/23, 2021 and 2020 ranges. Just like our 2 year warranty that was available on 2018 and 2019 boards, we require you, the customer to register your board with us via our website within 3 months of purchase to activate the extended warranty.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Red Paddle Co warrants all Red Paddle Co boards and Paddles sold by Red Paddle Co to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. Depending on the model year of the board it may qualify for an extended warranty. See the Extended 5 Year Warranty section below for full details of the extended warranty program.
If a product is found to be defective by Red Paddle Co, in its sole discretion, Red Paddle Co’s only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product.
Red Paddle Co will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss of use of product. This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
1. The warranty applies only to Red Paddle Co products purchased from Authorized Red Paddle Co Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only. Transfers of warranty is not possible.
2. Any products that we request to be returned to Red Paddle Co for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorisation, which can be given over an email by contacting email@example.com . If shipping products directly we recommend using a tracked/insured service. Red Paddle Co assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by improper packing.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage Caused by excessive UV/Heat Exposure (shown by distinct yellow glue staining around seams or fading of parts such as fins and logos)
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives.
- Damage to Red Paddle Co products caused by non-Red Paddle Co products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages.
3. All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Red Paddle Co.
4. Any repaired or replaced boards will be covered for the remainder of the extended warranty period, starting from the original purchase date. All boards will have a minimum 12-month warranty.
5. New and unused boards purchased via our 'Refresh' betterment programme will be covered by a maximum of a 24-month warranty regardless of registration status. The exact warranty period is at the sole discretion of Red Paddle Co and may change on a case-by-case basis.
6. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Red Paddle Co dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
7. Extended warranties are only applicable for private, end consumer use and will not be offered for any commercial purchases, such as SUP schools or similar.
This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your legal rights under laws.
8. Warranties and/or product replacements are only applicable/redeemable in the original country of purchase.
Extended 5 Year Warranty
2022/23, 2021 and 2020 Red Paddle Co Boards can be covered under the 5 year warranty program. 2022, 2021 and 2020 boards can be identified by their serial number at the back of the board. The serial number must start with Red 20, 21, 22,23.
For the avoidance of doubt it is only 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020 Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP boards that qualify to be covered by the 5 Year Extended Warranty and not paddles, leashes, bags, fins or any other accessory or boards from previous model years.
For your board to qualify for the full 5 year warranty, 2020 boards need to have been purchased between 7th October 2019 and 6th October 2020 and registered within 3 months of the date on your original receipt. For 2021 boards to qualify for a full 5-year warranty, they need to be purchased between 7th October 2020 and 17th October 2021 and registered within 3 months of the date on your original receipt. For 2022/23 boards they need to be purchased between 18th October 2021 and 7th October 2023 and registered within 3 months of the date on your original receipt.
2020 model year boards purchased after the 6th October 2020, 2021 boards purchased after the 6th October 2021, or 2022 boards purchased after 7th October 2023 will be covered for the remaining period of the original 5 Year period and must be registered within 3 months of the original purchase.
Only brand new, unused boards qualify for this program and not Ex Demo boards. The Red Paddle Co 5-year warranty covers defects in materials and craftsmanship.
The boards are covered under warranty, to the original owner with proof of purchase from an authorized Red Paddle Co retailer, against defects in materials and craftsmanship.
If your product should fail during the extended warranty period due to defects in materials or craftsmanship, we will repair it free of charge or replace it at our discretion.
Normal wear and tear damage, damage caused by misuse, cosmetic damage, improper care or impacts/accidents are not covered by this warranty. Wear and tear is natural and inevitable damage as a result of normal use and exposure to the elements.
Losses or costs incurred as a result of loss of use are not covered. The product’s lifetime depends on how well it’s taken care of and how much use it gets. Outdoor adventures can be rough on your gear and taking care of your equipment will increase the lifetime of the product.
If you need to submit a warranty claim, please contact us here.
PREVIOUS YEARS BOARDS
- 2008 - 2017 model year boards.
- New Boards manufactured in between the above periods were sold with a 1 year warranty for the original purchaser.
- Boards with one year warranties carried one of the following serial number prefixes:
- Red13, Red14, Red15, Red16, Red17
- Boards made between 2008 and October 2012 did not carry serial numbers.
- Boards made between October 2013 - October 2015 had their serial number printed on the leash point at the back of the board and started with Red followed by the year of the board e.g Red13 = 2013 board, Red14 = 2014 board.
- Boards made after October 2016 either had their serial number printed on the leash point at the back of the board or on a small white strip next to the valve.
- October 8th 2017 - October 6th 2019 Boards manufactured/purchased in between these periods and with either a serial number starting with Red18 or Red19 were sold with a 1 year warranty for the original purchaser but this could be extended to 2 years if the board was registered within 3 months of original purchase and no later than 6th July 2020.